This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosures here.
The evening of July 10th marks the start of Amazon’s 3rd annual Prime Day. Click here to see the Prime Day deals. Prime Day is Amazon’s annual deals event just for Prime members…. Think Black Friday in the middle of the summer! BUT If you are not a Prime member, you can’t participate! So now is the time to join!! And you can even try it for 30 days free!! Amazon really wants Prime Day to be one of the world’s best days to shop, with great deals and prices on everything we’re into. They will have new deals starting as often as every five minutes and special offers across everything included with Prime—from music and video to reading and voice shopping.
Are you not sure you want to become a Prime Member? Read my article about whether Prime Membership is worth it! I’ve been a member for 12 years now, and there is no question I will renew each year! Read this article to find out why.
Want to know more about Prime Day 2017? Watch this video.
Where do you find the deals?
- On our Deals page! Yep, I’ll be posting my favorite homeschool deals all day (actually all 30 hours… see next bullet)! Be sure to check back often to see what I’m finding! And be sure to see the categories at the bottom of this page.
- Do you own an Alexa device? If so, you get a jump start on everything!! Voice Shopping for Prime Day Deals starts 2 hours earlier than everyone else at 4pm PT / 7pm ET on July 10. Exclusive to Prime Members who own Alexa-powered devices.
- You can track the deals already… Use this link to watch deals!
- Do you have the Amazon App? Be sure you have the notifications turned on! See how on the video below.
- This year the deals start early! They start at 6pm PT / 9pm ET on July 10. You’ll find Prime Day deals on amazon.com/primeday from 6pm PT / 9pm ET on July 10. (And you can start tracking those deals on July 9th, a full 24 hours before they are live!) New deals start every 5 minutes for 30 hours straight.
- Lightning Deals. As always, the best way to find the deals will be on their Lightning Deals Page. New deals will go live about every 5 minutes, including popular Lightning Deals that will surely be among the quickest to sell out.
- It’s personal! Get deals on everything you’re into. Members will find deals organized by their most shopped-for themes (over 20 of them). Whether you’re a pet lover or gardener, techie or artist, Prime members will be able to find deals even faster.
- As always, if you miss a deal, join the Waitlist. If an item shows “100% claimed,” click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page. If additional items become available, you’ll receive a notification on your mobile device.
- Set up Amazon Assistant on your desktop. Amazon Assistant helps you watch deals right from your desktop!
- Get an extra 20% off select Warehouse Deals! Take an additional 20% off select brands including Sonos, Le Creuset, Crock-pot, Samsung, TVs, Amazon Tap, Fire HD Tablets, and more on Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- Subscribe to newsletters to be completely up to date! Get coupons and daily deal emails
Earn some extra money now to spend on Prime Day!
Get $10 bonus when you reload $100 or more on a gift card! If you have an Amazon gift card, reload it for the first time here.
Get a $10 Credit on your first Alexa order!! Do you have an Alexa but haven’t placed an order yet? Here is your chance to get an extra $10 to spend on Prime Day!