This one-year American history, geography, and literature course will bring students through the dynamic past of the United States. America the Beautiful Part 1 includes 75 lessons that begin with life before European colonization and continue through the first years of the Civil War. America the Beautiful Part 2 includes 75 lessons that begin with America's expansion into the West during the early 1800s and continue into modern times. Five daily lessons typically focus on an element such as a major event of the time period, an amazing creation God's placed in America, an American landmark, a biographical study, and notes on how daily life was lived at the time.
Simply written instructions are tailored for independent learners; at the beginning of each unit, an overview, list of lessons, and list of additional books needed are provided. Lessons may be read aloud, or alone. Four to six activities are provided at the end of each lesson, which parents may choose assignments from; each takes approximately 45-90 minutes, and students are not expected to complete all of them. Activities often cover thinking biblically, vocabulary, creative writing, or activities in Maps of America the Beautiful Timeline of America the Beautiful, We the People Student Workbook, or the (sold-separately) Lesson Review books. One special family activity is assigned per week, including arts and crafts, recipes, and multi-age projects. Grades 5-8.
This kit includes:
- America the Beautiful Book 1, 439 pages, hardcover; black and white and color illustrations and photographs are included.
- America the Beautiful Book 2; Continuing from Book 1, it contains pages 439-1007. hardcover; black and white and color illustrations and photographs are included.
- We the People, 220 pages, hardcover.
- Maps of America the Beautiful; non-reproducible.
- Timeline of America the Beautiful
- America the Beautiful Answer Key, Stapled binding, paperback.