So, today is the day… the 2017 Presidential Inauguration. History is being made today. First, before I go one step further, I would like to ask everyone to say a prayer. There is so much animosity and anger today that I just pray that cool heads and warm hearts prevail in all circumstances. I pray that we all realize we fight not against each other but against the enemy himself who comes to divide, steal, and kill. Rob of us of our humanity. Of our love. Of our compassion. Of our reason. Of our joy. So please, no hating on each other today. I don’t care if you are marching or celebrating, we will not spew hate. Period. You are all sisters in my book. We are on this mama-path together and I refuse to be a source of hurt and pain to my sisters. Even if I don’t agree with you… I will not tear you down for your choices. Please show me the same kindness and compassion!!
So even if you didn’t vote for Donald Trump, he is about to be sworn in as the 45th president at Noon Eastern time. Let’s look at a timeline of his day.
- Mr Trump will attend a morning church service at St John’s Episcopal Church, which is close to the White House
- Mr Trump and Melania (his wife) will have morning coffee with President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama.
- After coffee, both couples will take a motorcade to the Capitol.
- 9:30am Eastern The first Inauguration ceremony begins with musical performances.
- 11:30am Eastern We will hear the opening remarks which will be followed by the Supreme Court Justice will swear in Mr Pence
- Noon Eastern Mr Trump will recite the oath of office, administered by Chief Justice Roberts.
- President Trump will then deliver his inaugural address (Be sure to have your bingo cards printed and your bingo markers ready to go.
- 3pm – 5pm Eastern President Trump and Vice-President Pence will join a 1.5 mile parade down Pennsylvania Avenue. This is where both supporters and protesters are likely to be.
- 7pm – 11pm Eastern President Trump, Vice-President Pence and their wives will attend three official inaugural balls
- 10am Eastern National Prayer Service. This is an interfaith prayer service that will be held at Washington’s National Cathedral.
Inauguration Virtual Tour
Youtube will be streaming the inauguration live tomorrow… so if you don’t want to risk the comments on Youtube or anywhere else, just watch here on our site!!
Youtube Live Stream of the Inauguration
Lessons and Activities for your homeschool
Write a letter to the President! K-8th grade
Inauguration and the Media Middle – High School (6 – 12th grades)
Learn about Presidential Inaugurations and how they have changed over the years Grades 3-5
Learn what the most used words have been in each Inaugural Address. (Will be fascinating to see what Trump’s are) 4 – 12th grades