How’s your diet? Do you get your recommended servings of fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats each day? I, uh, well, don’t . . . not by a long shot most days . . . which is why I love nutritional supplements like Krill Oil from Everest Nutrition.
When Everest Nutrition offered to send me a couple bottles of their 100% Pure Cold Pressed Antarctic Krill Oil, I jumped at the chance. For years, I’ve read about the nutritional benefits of the omega-3 fatty acids found in krill and fish oils, but I’ve never taken the supplements regularly.
Here is some of the information about Krill Oil from the Everest Nutrition website:
100% Pure Krill Oil is produced by a patented, cold-vacuum extraction of Antarctic Krill. Our Krill oil is more bioavailable than fish oil and has no fatty repeat (burp-back). It also contains 48X more antioxidant activity than fish oil.
Everest Nutrition’s Krill Oil is extracted from Krill living deep within the waters surrounding the Antarctic. Krill are very small, shrimp like crustaceans found in open seas throughout the world. Research from the scientific and medical communities confirms the incredible effects this oil can have in promoting heart and joint health, lowered cholesterol, improved moods and comfort during menstruation.
Take a look at this PDF to see a comparison of Everest Nutrition’s Krill Oil with other leading brands.
My Experience with Krill Oil
My husband and I have both been taking the Krill Oil supplements for the last month and are very pleased with them. What we’ve noticed . . .
- • The gelatin capsules contain a rich, dark amber oil. I was amazed to be able to see the oil “ooze” back and forth when I tilted a capsule. This really gives me confidence in the quality of the Krill Oil, compared to other brands I’ve tried.
- • The daily dose is two capsules taken with breakfast, and – though the capsules are somewhat large – both my husband and I had no trouble swallowing them. The gelatin capsule is a bit slick and goes down easily.
- • As advertised, there is no “burp back,” no fishy taste or odor at all. If you’ve ever taken a supplement that comes back to haunt you later, you can definitely appreciate this part!
- • I’ve had fewer aches and pains since starting to take the Krill Oil supplements, which I suppose may be due to the oil’s effect on joint health.
- • According to Everest Nutrition, studies show that Krill Oil reduces “the uncomfortable effects of premenstrual syndrome, both emotionally and physically.” I never felt like I suffered from PMS, but I’ve noticed two things since starting the Krill Oil supplements:
- 1) I am not getting frustrated and angry about things like I used to. I guess my husband might say that was PMS, but he never said it in my presence.
- 2) I’ve actually been a little more emotional, getting sad about things that didn’t used to bother me. I can’t say that’s definitely because of the Krill Oil, though, since I’m taking quite a few other supplements also. At any rate, it isn’t something that is bothersome and is maybe more normal than the “cold heart” some people said I had before. (I’m saying that tongue-in-cheek . . . sort of.)
All in all, I’m very pleased with these Krill Oil supplements and would recommend them to anyone who’s interested in supplementing with omega-3 fatty acids. The whole family can get healthy together since kids can take Krill Oil too! They just take one capsule a day instead of two.
Everest Nutrition also offers a 90-day money back guarantee on all purchases. If you don’t like Krill Oil, you don’t have to keep it. Find out more at KrillOil.com.
Cindy and her husband, Jon, live in beautiful West Virginia with their three sons – Nick, age 12, James, age 8, and Robert, age 5. They homeschool with a relaxed, eclectic style and enjoy reading great books together as a family, geocaching, and visiting historic and scenic places. Along with knitting, baking, and working crossword puzzles, Cindy loves geography and is the author of Expedition Earth: My Passport to the World. Visit her blog at Fenced in Family.