A Lion and a Whale Can Dance is an interactive story of two unusual friends who find one another on a mystical island far, far away. This read aloud or alone book app is rated for ages 4+, and can be used on the iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone.
My six-year-old daughter loves her interactive book apps for my iPad so, when given the opportunity to review this one, I knew I had to jump on it! This book has a calm, soothing tone to it which is great to keep your child engaged but not get them all wound up! I have to thank the folks from Arcade Sunshine Media for giving me the chance to review this app in exchange for my honest review!
* read yourself or have it read to you
* unique and interesting illustrations
* fun critter search (like a search and find) throughout the book which can be reset
* we loved the days of the week “rhyme” that each of the two main characters said with their own twists
* sometimes the moving critters and their noises can distract from the story
* to turn the pages you have to tap the corners, not hold and glide like my daughter is used to
The book is long enough to hold their attention for a bit, but not so long they lose interest. All in all this is a great interactive story app to add to your child’s collection! Watch the short video below and check out A Lion and a Whale Can Dance here.
Heidi lives in upstate New York where the winters are long & cold, but where she truly appreciates the lack of extreme weather such as tsunamis and hurricanes! Her house is filled up with her loving husband of 13 years, 3 busy children, & 2 dogs (Muffin & Oscar). Homeschooling started out as a trial run with a child beginning 2nd grade, & almost 6 years later has become a lifestyle which brings great joy. You can often find her behind her camera, or working something out in Photoshop. Since beginning this homeschool journey she is learning to knit, crochet, & even to quilt! Her love of reading was passed on to her children & can be seen in the numerous book reviews she writes on her blog. You can find her blogging at Starts At Eight.